CODAC is one of Arizona’s oldest and most respected community-based providers of behavioral health and family development services. What began as a grassroots drug abuse prevention and treatment program has grown into a multi-faceted organization that provides services across the entire spectrum of behavioral health care.
Through 11 service locations, 10 housing programs and more than 360 staff, CODAC now serves more than 12,000 individuals and families each year. CODAC is nonprofit 501(c)3 organization.
CODAC envisions a society where everyone lives healthy, productive, caring lives- positively contributing to their communities.
CODAC provides tools, support and services to individuals, families, and communities so they may live with dignity, free from the harmful effects of mental illness, substance use disorders and trauma.
In all we do, we are guided by the following values:
In all we do, we will be guided by the following Principles:
- We will provide high quality, cost effective, outcome focused, and linguistically and culturally relevant services.
- Our services will be easily accessible, engaging, recovery oriented, family friendly, and respectful of the strengths and assets of the individuals with whom we work and the communities in which we live.
- We will work in collaboration with funders and other community-based organizations and form mutually rewarding partnerships that build upon organizational capacities and strengths.
- We will treat our employees and volunteers in a respectful manner that acknowledges them as our most important resource and support them in being the best at their roles in their communities.
- Our financial, human resources, facilities, information management and quality management services will function in a manner that most effectively supports the delivery of services to consumers and participants, and will lead to ongoing organizational success.
- We will effectively communicate to the public the health and human service needs that exist in our community and our efforts to address those needs in a manner that attracts donors and other supporters.
- We will work to end the stigma of substance use disorders and mental illness, and advocate for just public policies that provide appropriate levels of public support to ensure that affordable treatment, health promotion and prevention services are available in a timely manner to all who need them.
CODAC’s professional staff support members and participants through many of life’s challenges and joys. Our professional staff consists of:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians Assistants
- Clinical Social Workers
- Therapists, Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselors and Professional Counselors
- Care Managers
- Employment Counselors
- Recovery Coaches
- Residential Support Specialists
- Prevention Specialists
- And more…