Direct Your Taxes Where It’s Needed Most: Mental Health, Addiction and Trauma Treatment
Your Donations to CODAC qualify for the AZ Charitable Tax Credit – minimum limits have DOUBLED!
New This Year: Save Up to $800 on Your Taxes by Donating to CODAC!
Arizona offers a dollar-for-dollar TAX CREDIT for donations to CODAC because we help the working poor.
Taxpayers filing as "single" and "head of household" or "married filing separate" status may claim a maximum credit of $400. Taxpayers filing as "married filing joint" may claim a maximum credit of $800.
By making a gift to CODAC and then claiming that gift on your Arizona State Taxes as part of the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit, you can receive your donation back in a dollar-for-dollar credit*. Essentially, you're choosing where to direct your taxes. And CODAC clients thank you!
Why Make a Gift to CODAC?
Many of CODAC’s services are covered by health insurance. However, the supplies needed to meet clients’ basic needs or make treatment interesting are simply not funded. Your donations help us be able to provide:
- hygiene products,
- household supplies,
- emergency clothing and shelter,
- supplies for unique therapy and skills groups,
- entrance fees for fun community activities,
- and even a snack or meal so clients can focus on treatment – not hunger – while they’re at CODAC.
With recent system-wide rate reductions, your gifts alone will enable us to keep providing these items for members.
Here’s How To Do It:
- Decide how much you’re able to give to support CODAC clients in their recovery.
- Donate online by clicking here.
- Or Download This Form, complete the payment information and mail it in
- Ensure that CODAC has your name, mailing address, email address and phone number so we can be sure to provide you with a written receipt of your gift for your tax records. If you give online, you will receive a receipt automatically as well.
- When you file your state taxes, you may be able to claim the credit by using AZDOR Form 321*.
Remember: the Arizona Charitable Tax Credit is different from other state tax credits such as the School Tax Credit and the Qualifying Foster Care Charitable Organization Tax Credit. You may be eligible to donate to all within the same year.
Eligible contributions that are made on or before April 15, 2017, may be applied to either the current or the preceding taxable year and is considered to have been made on the last day of that taxable year.
*CODAC is not a tax advisor. Always contact a qualified tax professional for advice on your specific situation.
For more information on this tax credit, visit the Arizona Department of Revenue Web site.