COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update: CODAC's Response
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, your health and safety are our top priority. We are taking extra measures to disinfect our facilities and have initiated significant infection control protocols to limit the spread of viruses, in addition to our standard universal precautions.
At this time, here are the additional precautions we're taking to limit the spread of COVID-19 (starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020):
- All routine appointments will be conducted over the telephone, when possible. We will call you, so please make sure we have your current phone number. This includes:
- Psychiatry and primary care med-checks and routine follow-ups.
- Therapy appointments.
- Appointments with Recovery Coaches, Peer Support Specialists and Employment Specialists.
If you have a computer or smart phone, we can use Zoom video conferencing for your appointment. Here are instructions for How to Use Zoom_When You're Invited to a Meeting
2. All groups are cancelled at CODAC at 380, Alvernon and Cobblestone.
3. CODAC's Country Club location will be temporarily closed, with services being provided via telephone or video conferencing.
4. All staff who are working remotely have access to email, telephones and the electronic health record.
5. The following services will still be provided in-person at our Outpatient Sites (380, Alvernon and Cobblestone):
- New member appointments/intakes (also available over the telephone or using video conferencing - preferred)
- Methadone dosing and other Medication Assisted Treatment (see additional info below)
- Essential Labs
- Essential Primary Care (not including testing or treatment for COVID-19)
- Appointments for members on Court Ordered Treatment
- Hospital Discharge Clinic
- Services for members who do not have access to a phone
And the Genoa Pharmacy is still open, but we prefer to mail your medications if possible.
5. Methadone Dosing Hours: We're encouraging anyone current receiving Methadone at CODAC to please come from 5:00am - 12:00pm Monday - Friday. Afternoon dosing will still be available until 4pm Monday - Friday for anyone who can't come in the morning due to work commitments.
Take-homes will be provided for Saturday and Sunday for all members. Saturday dosing will still be open from 6:30am-10:30am for anyone unable to come on Friday. (Updated 3/19/20)
People looking to start Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for Opioid use, can still call or come in 24/7. Phone: (520) 202-1786. Address: 380 E. Ft. Lowell Rd. (85705)
ATTENTION People Visiting Outpatient Sites:
- All visitors will be screened for exposure to- or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors may be asked to leave site if they have been exposed to- or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Only members, staff, legal guardians and other essential visitors are permitted to inside.
CODAC is Not providing COVID-19 Testing
CODAC does not have COVID-19 tests. We are recommending that anyone with potential symptoms contact their Primary Care Provider by phone and/or go to a local hospital for testing.
A COVID-19 State Hotline has been set up to answer questions from the public and healthcare providers about testing, symptoms, and any other questions you have about the virus. Call 1-844-542-8201 (State) to reach a health care professional.
Online Recovery Resources
While you're staying in to limit the spread of COVID-19, you can still participate in some online activities to enhance your recovery. Here are some examples:
- SMART Recovery Online Community
- NAMI Online and Telephone Support Groups
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online (AA Intergroup)
- More on our Resources Page
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming appointments or if you need something, please don't hesitate to call us Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm at (520) 327-4505. You can also reach our after-hours crisis line at (520) 202-1950.
Thank you for joining us in our goal to keep CODAC members and staff healthy!