CODAC’s program for adults ages 50+, called Cactus Bloom, provides integrated behavioral health, primary care and wellness services for adults ages 50 and better. Our goal is to provide the resources and services to help you live a healthy and meaningful life in a community of your peers.
Cactus Bloom offers:
- Individualized, client-centered treatment including case management, peer support, therapy, and psychiatry services.
- Complete primary care to support physical health-related issues and symptom management.
- On-site pharmacy and lab assistance.
- On-site draws for lab work.
- Wellness classes like gentle yoga and nutrition.
- Close coordination with other medical providers to address your physical as well as emotional health.
- An opportunity to meet and socialize with others your age and in your life stage.
Comprehensive Counseling and Support Groups
Learn skills to cope with life's challenges, issues related to aging and other health concerns in a comfortable community of experienced professionals and peers who understand the life transitions you are going through.
Individual, couples, group and family therapy and support groups can help you cope with and strengthen your skills in the following areas:
- Healthy aging
- Anxiety and depression
- Stress management
- Healthy aging
- Grief, loss and isolation
- Drinking too much
- Misusing prescription medications
- Finance management
- Relationships and family dynamics
Primary Health Care
Alongside our mental health services, we can help with your common illnesses, injuries, physical exams, screenings and wellness checkups. We will also help you monitor chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure, and make referrals to other specialists if necessary. Everything from day-to-day sickness and annual checkups to vaccinations and standard lab work is available.
Your physical healthcare is just as important as treating your mental illness. Your mental health affects physical health. And, your physical health can affect your mental health. By focusing on both, CODAC provides you with the most complete care available. You’ll have a team of experts - primary care providers, along with psychiatrists, nurses, medical assistants, therapists, case managers and peer support specialists - working together as one team in one convenient location to care for the whole you.
Why a Special Program for 50+?
Getting older isn't easy. Sometimes it's helpful to be surrounded by trained professionals who specialize in caring for people in your life stage. It's also nice to be in a community with others who can relate to your challenges from a similar point of view.
Statistics show that individuals with serious mental illness live shorter lives than those without by more than 25 years. Come to CODAC’s Cactus Bloom program to focus on your physical and mental health, feel happier and extend your life.
Explore personal interests and enriching activities
Enhance your life by engaging in a variety of activities including:
- Peer support from others in recovery.
- Community involvement in fun and meaningful activities like bowling, nature walks, gentle yoga and meditation.
- Learning life skills such as personal safety, time management, establishing boundaries, and avoiding isolation.
- Parenting skills for grandparents to use with adult children and grandchildren.
Join Our Community!
At Cactus Bloom, you will be empowered to improve your life through a supportive team of professional staff who are experienced in working with adults over 50 and the many transitions that come with aging.
Your team of medical providers, therapists, nurses, Recovery Coaches, wellness support specialists and peer support specialists are ready to help you meet your goals.
Call us today to schedule an appointment