Therapy is an important part of treatment for trauma, mental health concerns and substance use disorders. CODAC’s individual, family and group therapy helps members process through current and prior life experiences and learn healthy behaviors and coping skills.
Psychotherapy utilizes specialized techniques conducted by licensed professionals. Your therapy will be complimented by other general support and skill-building classes also offered at CODAC.
Our Therapeutic Approach:
- Focus on solutions: You and your therapist will discuss your goals, make a plan to reach your goals and mark your successes along the way. It is important to CODAC that you experience progress in your recovery!
- When it comes to therapy, we recommend a variety of short-term modalities mixed with participation in ongoing group therapies, skill-building and building relationships with the natural supports in your life.
- Therapy takes place in “phases.” It is important to work through challenges in phases. You and your therapist will discuss the phases.
- It’s about your needs. Your therapy plan will be based on your own unique needs and motivations; we do not use a cookie-cutter approach.
- It’s about your independence: Therapy services at CODAC aim to help you act independently and build healthy natural supports.
Group Therapy is a form of therapy that is done in small groups of individuals with similar concerns. Group Therapy provides a safe environment to join with others to talk about problems or concern, learn from others and better understand yourself.
Group Therapy also helps build relationships and communication skills and often helps participants feel less isolated, depressed or anxious.
Individuals must be enrolled at CODAC and have a referral from a Care Manager or Therapist to attend Therapy Groups. [How to Enroll at CODAC.]
CODAC offers a variety of Therapy Groups at its treatment sites. Here are just a few*:
- Anger Management Skills
- Anxiety and Depression Skills
- Family Systems
- Grief and Loss Group
- Mindfulness Skills
- Parenting Skills
- Primary Recovery Skills
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Seeking Safety (Co-ed)
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Seeking Safety (Women Only)
- Relapse Prevention
- Spanish-speaking Group
* These groups are subject to change.