PLEASE NOTE: MCAS has recently moved. The new, beautiful women’s services building is located at 502 N. Silverbell Road, Suite B (on the south side of the building).
Mothers Caring About Self (MCAS) is an intensive outpatient, outreach and case management program that serves the very specific needs of pregnant and postpartum women with substance use disorders.
Through at least nine hours of participation each week, MCAS participants have access to a variety of therapy, support and case management resources that promote long-term sobriety and health.
MCAS is specifically for women who are
- Age 18 and older,
- Pregnant or postpartum with at least one child under age 6 (children do not need to be in their mother’s custody), and
- Experiencing a substance use disorder.
Benefits of MCAS to women seeking recovery from substance abuse:
- Day and evening programs available
- Women-only group therapy
- Individual therapy with a licensed Therapist
- Free nursery so mothers can bring their children
- Parenting courses
- Case Management and help connecting to resources
- Peer support
- Support with Child Protective Services (CPS) and Family Drug Court needs
- Free laundry and diapers
- Use of kitchen and access to free food
- Incentives for attending therapy groups
There is no cost for treatment at MCAS. Women who are on AHCCCS or qualify for Substance Abuse Prevention and Treatment (SAPT) funding can receive treatment at MCAS through support provided by the Community Partnership of Southern Arizona (CPSA).
Are You Ready to Get Clean and Sober?
Make an appointment by calling CODAC’s Membership Department at (520) 202-1840.
Not sure if MCAS is right for you? Call to speak with a caring MCAS staff member at (520) 202-1716 or drop in for a visit at 502 N. Silverbell Road, Suite B (on the south side of the building).
Refer a Patient
It is easy to refer a patient to MCAS.
- Call (520) 202-1716
- Complete and fax this MCAS Referral Form
Click here to download the MCAS Flier.