Step Forward provides children and youth (ages 6-17) a comfortable, confidential and caring treatment option for substance abuse, mental health concerns, HIV testing and counseling and sexuality education. Download the Step Forward brochure by clicking here.
Comprehensive and Caring Outpatient Services:
- Clinical Assessment to identify specific issues and needs to help guide family and staff in developing effective treatment plans.
- Health Education for Youth – Developed by the University of Arizona SIROW, lessons cover topics such as self esteem, puberty, sexual/reproductive anatomy and physiology, HIV/AIDS, sexually transmitted infections, safer sex protection methods, relationships and communication.
- Substance Use Disorder Outpatient Program – Using Motivational Enhancement and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, this program offers group, individual and family counseling designed to meet youth where they are, while encouraging skill development, open communication and healthy decision making.
- Co-Occurring Disorder Program – A 12-week program for youth experiencing substance abuse and mental health issues. This is an intensive outpatient program which meets nine hours per week (after school) for youth, and includes individual and family counseling.
- SMART Recovery – An on-going open group designed for youth who have completed an outpatient substance abuse program or residential treatment program. Groups meet weekly and are designed to keep youth engaged in their recovery by using the SMART Recovery model of relapse prevention, peer-driven discussion and positive decision-making skills.
- Individual and Family Therapy – Individual and Family therapy is provided by Master’s level therapists experienced in substance abuse treatment, mental health treatment, child and adolescent development and family dynamics. Participation in individual and/or family therapy is determined by the Step Forward treatment team.
- HIV Testing, Counseling and Referral Services – Free HIV/AIDS testing is available. If tests results are positive for HIV/AIDS, CODAC will connect the family with the Southern Arizona AIDS Foundation (SAAF) for a variety of community services. CODAC provides specific therapy services for individuals with HIV/AIDS.
Call to Schedule an Appointment: (520) 202-1840.
Santa Rosa Neighborhood Center
1080 S. Tenth Avenue | 85701
New Clients: (520) 318-3266
Office Phone: (520) 623-3533
Step Forward accepts referrals from physicians, counselors, schools, parents and Juvenile Court. To make a referral, please call CODAC’s Membership Department at (520) 202-1840 or download and fax a referral form to (520) 594-6345.
Insurance & Billing
Step Forward accepts many commercial insurance plans and provides fee-for-service options at affordable rates. For specific questions regarding insuracne coverage and fees, call (520) 318-3266.
Molly Kent, MEd, LPC