CODAC Closet – a new neighborhood resale store – is open six days a week!
Located at 3550 N. First Avenue, Suite 150, CODAC Closet is a thrift and gift store owned and operated by CODAC Behavioral Health Services.
Providing for CODAC Clients and the Community
- Offers donated products as incentives to CODAC members for participation in documented treatment goals. This is typically referred to as “contingency management.”
- Offers donated products at discounted prices to the general public.
- Provides Retail Training Programs for CODAC members, resulting in increased skills and employment opportunities for trainees.
- Provides a comfortable and clean environment for CODAC members and the general public to shop for affordable clothing and household items.
Through CODAC’s Center for Recovery & Independence, CODAC members in recovery from substance use disorders, general mental health concerns and/or serious mental illnesses can learn valuable hands-on retail skills and gain experience for their resume. The Retail Training Program consists of two parts:
- 8 hours of classroom education on retail skills
- 3 months of hands-on retail training at CODAC Closet. Each Retail Trainee works one-on-one with a Retail Clerk for individualized attention and real-time problem solving and skill development.
Donate to CODAC Closet!
CODAC Closet relies on donations of new and gently used clothing and household items. Donations are accepted during store hours; bring them into the front door or, for your convenience, drive around to the back of the building and unload them there.
Here is a list of items that you might consider donating:
|Small kitchen appliances||Shower liners/curtains|
|Shower curtain rings||Vacuum cleaners|
|Living room area rugs||Television sets (working)|
|DVD players||Arts & crafts materials|
|Alarm clocks||Heating pads|
|Baby monitors||Child car seats|
|Hangers (for clothes)||Hygiene products (shampoo,
body wash, etc)
|Bath towels||Kitchen towels|
|Home decor/knickknacks||Laundry baskets|
|Pots and pans||Digital converter boxes|
|Fabric & yarn||Framed artwork or posters|