COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Update: CODAC's Response
In the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic, your health and safety are our top priority. We are taking extra measures to disinfect our facilities and have initiated significant infection control protocols to limit the spread of viruses, in addition to our standard universal precautions.
At this time, here are the additional precautions we're taking to limit the spread of COVID-19 (starting 3/18/20; updated 4/28/20):
- All routine appointments will be conducted by Video Conferencing (Zoom), when possible. It really is best for us to be able to "see" you by video, but if you don't have a camera for video conferencing, we can do your remote appointment over the phone. This includes:
- Psychiatry and primary care med-checks and routine follow-ups.
- Therapy appointments.
- Appointments with Recovery Coaches, Peer Support Specialists and Employment Specialists.
If you have a computer or smart phone, we'll use Zoom video conferencing for your appointment. Here are instructions for How to Use Zoom_When You're Invited to a Meeting
2. All in-person groups are cancelled at CODAC at 380, Alvernon and Cobblestone.
3. But... we have many VIRTUAL therapy, recovery and wellness groups available! You'll just need to video conference in through Zoom. We will provide you with all the details you need to be able to connect! Click here to see the VIRTUAL GROUPS we have right now.
4. CODAC's Country Club location will be temporarily closed, with services being provided via telephone or video conferencing. As of 4/28/20, the site will be closed through 5/31/20.
4. All staff who are working remotely have access to email, telephones and the electronic health record.
5. The following services will still be provided in-person at our Outpatient Sites (380, Alvernon and Cobblestone):
- New member appointments/intakes (also available using video conferencing - preferred - or over the telephone if no camera available)
- Methadone dosing and other Medication Assisted Treatment (see additional info below)
- Essential Labs
- Essential Primary Care (not including testing or treatment for COVID-19)
- Appointments for members on Court Ordered Treatment
- Hospital Discharge Clinic
- Services for members who do not have access to a phone or computer
And the Genoa Pharmacy is still open, but we prefer to mail your medications if possible.
5. Methadone Dosing Hours: Dosing hours have not changed.
People looking to start Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for Opioid use, can still call or come in 24/7/365. Phone: (520) 202-1786. Address: 380 E. Ft. Lowell Rd. (85705)
ATTENTION People Visiting Outpatient Sites:
- All visitors will be screened for exposure to- or symptoms of COVID-19.
- Visitors may be asked to leave site if they have been diagnosed with/tested positive for, been exposed to, or have symptoms of COVID-19.
- Only members, staff, legal guardians and other essential visitors are permitted inside.
CODAC is Not providing COVID-19 Testing
CODAC does not have COVID-19 tests. We are recommending that anyone with potential symptoms contact their Primary Care Provider by phone and/or go to a local hospital for testing.
A COVID-19 State Hotline has been set up to answer questions from the public and healthcare providers about testing, symptoms, and any other questions you have about the virus. Call 1-844-542-8201 (State) to reach a health care professional.
Online Recovery Resources
While you're staying in to limit the spread of COVID-19, you can still participate in some online activities to enhance your recovery. Here are some examples:
- SMART Recovery Online Community
- NAMI Online and Telephone Support Groups
- Alcoholics Anonymous Online (AA Intergroup)
- More on our Resources Page
If you have any questions regarding your upcoming appointments or if you need something, please don't hesitate to call us Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm at (520) 327-4505. You can also reach our crisis line after-hours and on weekends at (520) 202-1950.
Thank you for joining us in our goal to keep CODAC members and staff healthy!