There are many responsibilities and pressures that come with being a woman in our culture. Mothers are expected to juggle many different roles, women experience constant pressure from the media, and many women feel that they can’t reach out for help because it makes them appear weak or selfish.
We know that stress, pressure, genetics and environment all play an important role in women’s mental and emotional health.
Women are twice as likely as men to develop depression and, according to a recent survey conducted by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, nearly 30 million American women have experienced a mental health disorder in the last year alone.
CODAC provides specialty care for women living with depression, anxiety, trauma and drug and alcohol use disorders as well as serious mental illnesses like bipolar disorder and schizophrenia. We offer an array of options to meet the individual needs of each woman who enters our doors. This care extends beyond behavioral health into primary care, so we can treat the whole person.
Our goal is to help each woman restore a positive sense of self, regain the personal strength to make healthy choices and find the joy in life.
Our individualized, client-centered programs include:
- Outpatient Counseling and Support: Sometime you just need someone to talk to. Women can participate in therapy and support groups alongside women with similar experiences.
- Individual, couples and family therapy are provided by therapists who are knowledgeable about women’s concerns, health and well-being.
- The treatment team can help connect you with other useful resources and coordinate care with primary care, OB/GYN, psychiatry and other health care providers, as necessary.
- Traditional primary care services to treat common illnesses, physical exams and wellness checks.
- An on-site pharmacy and lab, so prescriptions and standard lab work are easily taken care of.
- Diagnosis and treatment for Serious Mental Illness like Postpartum Depression, bipolar disorder and schizophrenia.
CODAC has a variety of treatment locations that serve women and men together as well as a specialty treatment program for women only.
Primary Health Care
Along with our treatment for substance use, anxiety, depression and other mental illnesses, we can help with your common illnesses, injuries, physical exams and screenings, wellness checkups, as well as chronic conditions such as diabetes and high blood pressure. Everything from day-to-day sickness and annual checkups to vaccinations and standard lab work is available.
Your physical health care is just as important as treating mental health and substance use disorders. Mental health affects physical health. And, physical health can affect your mental health. By focusing on both, CODAC provides you with the most complete care available.
Don’t let anything stop you from getting the support you need!
Call us today!