Welcome to CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness.
We are here to help you meet your healthcare needs. As a new client – we refer to our clients as “members” – here is some information that will help you understand what to expect at CODAC. And, how to get the most out of your care here.
What to Expect at Your CODAC Treatment Center
Planning Your Care
How to be Heard
Your feedback about your interactions with CODAC staff and services can improve the care we provide.
Here are some ways you can tell us about your experience.
- Talk openly with your treatment team.
- Complete Member Satisfaction surveys distributed throughout the year. You don’t have to share your name. All answers are confidential.
- Leave use feedback using the online feedback form.
- Call the safe and confidential Solution Zone to speak with a team member who will work quickly to get you the answers you need. Phone (520) 343-2225.
- Ask for a Problem Resolution Form at the CODAC front desk. You can ask anyone that you feel comfortable with to help you fill out this form.
- For fraud and abuse concerns, send a confidential fax to CODAC’s Corporate Compliance Officer at (520) 202-1845.
- Review the grievance and appeal process posted in all CODAC lobbies.
- Contact your health insurance if you have concerns about your care.
As a CODAC member, it is important that you are an active part of your healthcare team. You have the responsibility to:
- Take care of yourself
- Be aware of your rights
- Assist in progressing towards your recovery
- Treat others with respect and work cooperatively with others
- Know how to contact your recovery coach or a member of your treatment team
- Give information needed for your care to your treatment team
- Tell your treatment provider if you need to cancel an appointment before the scheduled time
- Follow instructions and guidelines from your treatment provider(s)
- Choose people to be on your Adult Recovery Team
- Arrive on time for appointments
- Report all medications you are taking, including over-the-counter medications
- Take your medications as instructed
- Report side effects
- Schedule follow-up appointments as needed
- Limit the use of Urgent Care and Emergency Room facilities by actively participating in your treatment at CODAC